good day to you honeys!
yesterday i put out all our lawn furniture and outdoor cushions and uncovered the picnic table and put out the umbrella and deep-cleaned every inch of our grill — all in an attempt to bribe the sun to stick around for the rest of the weekend. i think it’s working? trying not to jinx it tho:
1. finally hit up honey bagel! they were sold outta chopped chocolate so i went poppy. a+.
2. seth says i can’t steal his matzah anymore or he’ll run outta sandos. q: we only got 1 box?!
3. “sam the eagle is the only hot republican. i will not be taking questions.” – vulture is the best
4. rooting 4 ruby b/c i too have an unrelenting sweet tooth & appreciate fab product design.
5. percy‘s a big boi now, but i like to remember him as pyt, a pair of ears surveying the lands.
6. daaaaang taylorsmith how the hell you gonna make us believe this a basement? prove it.
7. y’all tried república yet? i wanna go — now that we’re half vaxx’d, feels like i’m halfway there.
8. woo! it’s almost taurus szn! gonna try and channel bone bone‘s big birthday energy this year.
9. idk how i got on strategist uk, but i can tell u this: we own a lot of imported status choco now.
10. the aerial tree walk at the just reno’d leach botanical garden! love me some aerial things!
11. rach, queen of the playlists, is truly keeping me going w/ this 90s/00s summer mixtape.
12. re: 90s/00s goodness — hands on a hardbody (’97) & last days of disco (’98). both so great.
13. prob our most pandemmy habit: ordering weekly fresh baked bread from a sweet insta lady.
14. “still, it is the house on meadow lane that may be the designer’s most passionately austere creation. it stands as a subtle rebuke to contemporary excess and gaudiness, etched like salt spray on the sparse landscape: silent, transparent, elemental.” – in south hampton, a beach house not like the others, t: the nytimes style magazine
half vaxx’d & sorta relaxed.
there’s a decent view of the street from our dining room and i’ve spent much of this indoor year looking out that window and clocking whenever a doggo walks by. the other day i was in there having lunch and looked up from my gut-friendly lettuce wrap (desperately trying to mix it up) and noticed a big ole chalk drawing at the end of our driveway. not just some basic neighborhood hopscotch graffiti, like, a full-ass chalk mural: hearts and peace signs and butterflies, all surrounding one word, “JUSTIS.” near the bottom, the middle school vandals included a drawing of a pair of roller skates and tagged their piece “the roller girls.” there were no other murals on our block, not in front of our next-door neighbors or across the street. it was hard not to feel special to have been selected, a random act of heartfelt ephemera just for seth and me. i took out my phone to take a photo, and saw all the way on the next block two girls in roller skates busy at work on their next masterpiece. i put my phone away instead, and went back inside. it’s a pretty great world out there sometimes:
1. took a year to discover it’s v easy to get a rapid test in pdx. here’s 2 the day this info’s moot.
2. i’m a real mug elitist (esp handle feel) & lemme tell u covet & ginger ticks every dang box.
3. already est. billie is endlessly impressive to me so i’ll gladly accept cool vids of her anytime.
4. linds & i just got these cute wrist weights to power walk our blues away. ooof 1lb’s no joke.
5. more things like noah’s “interestingness of a photograph as it relates to time” in my feed pls.
6. still thinking about these 3 diy petting zoo goats living their best lives a few blocks from us.
7. confession: this immediately transports me to the hills circa 2006. unwritten was such a bop!!
8. wait a min there’s a plant-based grain bowl juice cafe in kenton now? nopo movin’ on up y’all.
9. here’s how we’re escaping now: seth’s geoguessr-ing & i’m full slow tv. brb sailing 2 grenada.
10. kai sent me down a future of work spiral & now my brain’s twisted up but i wanna read it all.
11. new 2021 vision board candidates: cool af lisa, saucy debby, & a lil hedgie doing his lil best.
12. le pigeon x jupiter next is truly one of the classiest pandemmy pivots out there rn. ends 4/3!
13. “they let us into the life of a creative mind in quarantine, but they asked to share one caveat: ‘obsessing over what it did to me specifically almost inexcusably leaves out my constant awareness of the damage to my community, the arts in general, to say nothing of the half a million dead americans,’ wrote the composer nico muhly. ‘this whole thing is very bad.'” – 75 artists on how they spent a year in lockdown
slow nopo goat tv.
here’s a quarantine story. i’ve been having trouble making decisions, even small ones. so seth and i developed a solution: as soon as i get stuck, he grabs a small object like a quarter or a balled-up post-it and brings it behind his back, moving it from hand to hand and telling me which of the two options the object represents. he then brings his two fists from behind his back and i of course randomly pick one. either the quarter or an empty hand. fate decides. big fan of this game. lemme know if you ever want to play:
1. watched the billie eilish doc knowing nothing. it was a gift tho maybe too many tarantulas??
2. yes, ok, hamilton, though put me down as partial to lafayette + his partner’s ad house tour.
3. not 2 turn this into a gumba fanboi account, but this just in: their drinks are killer & they party.
4. naturally i do not watch this show, so i assume it’s always this perfect. *bale nods w/ me*
5. u go chef anthony! expand those unicorn food truck wings! fly into the brick & mortar skies!
6. it’s been 6 million years since i left the house & now i’m writing this outside so, yes, i agree.
7. thong song story briefly got me waxing nostalgic for an amazing period of truly terrible music.
8. coulda used this down pillow round-up last time i tried to upgrade ours. world’s worst google.
9. pining 4 a floating deck since day 1 so my “just b/c” pistils appt is making seth v nervous.
10. wknd plans: figure out how to stream moonstruck and, oh right, adjust the microwave clock.
11. a recent visit w/ my in-laws reignited my ♡ 4 werther’s that’s truer than anything i’ve known.
12. pugh got me considering a switch 2 yorkshire gold. brits pls confirm if this is the right move.
13. “despite how legends want to be seen, this is probably how we most want to see them. as living proof that a life of ups and downs and hard work and too much work ends with you rich as fuck, sitting next to a violin-shaped pool with the family you’ve created to supplant the one you had to endure.” – allison p. davis’ stellar mariah carey profile
floating deck fanboi account.
mood check: i’m definitely feeling the positive side effects of some verified sunshine on my little punim. maybe that’s why all these jazzy corridor playlists are doing it for me (see #6)? whatever, man. i’ll take it. *joyfully throws soft boomerang into an open field*:
1. early march reminder that inflatable pools go quick & old ones rip. semper paratus honeys!
2. pls pls pls can someone make sure jane lynch is def avail for the revival? tyvm in advance.
3. almost quoted this mushroom one, but then didn’t because a tweet is uniquely its own thing.
4. now that haley sold me on classy coups, v excited to get adventurous w/ my cocktails to-go.
5. ed note: i feel bad when i accidentally hype sold out shit. may i interest u in a peace offering?
6. when the reigning monthly playlist champ rec’s a monthly playlist u kno it’s gotta be good shit.
7. “an [e-commerce] platform of discovery for a lifestyle that is different.” – undisclosed, fun!
8. went with sw alabaster due to $$ & i’ll always regret not doing the trim. at least it’s popular!
9. s/o to my mom 4 this perfect grinder slash gateway drug to a stellar whole bean subscription.
10. real talk: nothing better than being absolutely riveted by a spooky nyc apt tiktok thread.
11. ♡ that big night is #4 on this list & gets an illustration. ugh what a heartbreakingly hot cast.
12. adored sylvan esso’s live concert series so much & now it’s free! with love 3.5 at 6pm pst.
13. what would have had to go different in my life to now be making a living as an audio-maker?
14. look, being the only 1 in our house who “likes zoos” is a challenge we’re working through.
15. why yes, sure. $700 lipstick crystal pillbox is def one word for what that might be used for.
16. “the purpose of a meeting is not to fill the allocated slot on the google calendar invite. the purpose is to communicate an idea and the emotions that go with it…” – seth godin, toward a zoom agreement
with spooky monthly love.
i mean … should we get into it? rip the band-aid? put a bigger one on? i’m not here to judge. life hits different every day, man. whatever the mood, however you soothe:
1. let it never be forgotten that my personal queen of trl, blessed be she, was insanely talented.
2. florence pugh + tzatziki was delightful pre-pandemmy and the combo continues 2 b delightful.
3. wait this was actually accidentally prophetic. oy. daft punk were really doing genius shit huh.
4. sometimes, at the end of the day, all u need is a beautifully tailored site of v good film recs.
5. pls add bit house collective to the list of things i’m day dreaming about us exploring “after.”
6. a fav lil detail about lebow’s playlist is that it’s “to be played from top to bottom.” i live 4 rules.
7. maybe it’s b/c i recently started meditating, but these asmr rooms are really doing it for me.
8. angela (of pistol shrimps fame!) got her family phone installed and it’s quite a satisfying vibe.
9. great hat. been missing ’08-’15 nyc. i can’t believe i’ve lived here ~ as long as i lived there.
10. 1.5 sunny days in a row & now someone can’t stop buying patio accessories. whatup feb.
11. i’m becoming more & more confident i could eat a pickle w/o using my hands or eyes. you?
12. considering the loads of ugly overpriced pnw crap 4 sale, this gem took my g-d breath away.
13. just a rumor, but i think gumba‘s gorgeous wed-only fried chicken sando might get a spinoff.
14. came to the “the trip” movies 4 the travel/escape. stayed 4 the michael caine impressions.
15. “sometimes there’s nothing better on earth than someone asking you a question.” – lisa taddeo, three women
gorgeous rules & satisfying q’s.
so, the last one of these i sent was forever ago — almost a year. but lately i’ve surprised myself thinking about how much i miss sending them. there’s the connection with all of you and the thrill of discovery and just, like, getting to share something fun and sweet and unexpected during a time that just, isn’t. so i figured, why tf not. viva la sea:
1. just watched pistol shrimps & now i have a freakish desire to learn a sport for a rec league.
2. in one fell text, kate has given me wings 2 finally tackle a personal aesthetic glow-up journey.
3. bless garbage day for making me feel a little less old as sh*t on the internet. i can hang now!
4. if mariah’s v-day remix isn’t on a weird jury-rigged ig stereo repeat, pls pause & get it 2gether.
5. re: sweet and unexpected, there’s an underground bakery in portland. speakeasy scone bb.
6. look, i know this is just a published david yurman press release, but idk i waaaaaaaant one.
7. speaking of big rich ppl energy, h/t this sexy german bakery & the playlists they rode in on.
8. an unsolicited takeout recco: malka‘s bellflower chaos salad with chicken in fish sauce glaze.
9. this slack transcript had me in tears. smart ppl being funny together as a group? ♡ to see it!
10. not tired of puzzles, but also put a qr code murder mystery into l’rotation so, um, send help.
11. i love this video so dang much. i thought it might get old, but nope. just checked still slaps.
12. controversh to plug pods so v sry in advance. seek treatment s1 is making me lol out loud.
13. aesthetics wiki, but as a living coffee table book & cocktail i can curl up with this weekend.
14. “not that i grew up all at once right then, but some things punch you in the face and you fly through the air and land somewhere completely different. you walk on from there.” – miranda july
speakeasy scone bb.
hi hi hi.
office hours were a hoot and had me googling so many wonderful things that i decided i’m holding them again this week. also, fake office hours are a fun, harmless, made-up thing to do and i’m all about that shit rn. see you tomorrow fri 4.24 from 1-2pm pst via le zoom (password: thurslist). until then, enjoy the hell outta anything you damn well please:
1. it’s b/t broken social scene’s calm jams playlist & hamilton leithauser’s out of tune guitars.
2. this google doc of games & puzzles you can play online is some diamond in the rough shit.
3. i <3 tigerpup for many reasons, but bringing an arty vid of naps to my attn is def in the top 5.
4. quick, before it closes, ogle this gorge house that sold in < 5 days during an effing plague.
5. gym-in-place awards: sun service gold, sweatfest silver, lekfit + the class tied for bronze.
6. isolation check-in had some bangers these past few weeks. robyn? the killers? why yes ty.
7. welp, this super sincere celebrity seder had me all choked up by the end. thanks, idina.
8. “not 1 surface in drake’s house is squishy. y do celebs always have the hardest couches?”
9. ¿por qué no? is coming back! they even did a taco tue tech run to ease into it. v smart.
10. not sure how i missed man repeller’s reading list, but i’m def making my way thru it now.
11. kathryn hahn’s staging of glengarry glen ross with american girl dolls. standing o shit.
12. t mag, i asked for bougie af candle recs weeks ago. guess i’m going in on an r2 order …
13. “the one in front did not come to stroll.” – my girl sam flexing her plush twitter vid zings.
14. really feeling haley’s maybe baby rn. another tigerpup tip! newsletters, man. i just love ’em.
15. filed under shit that speaks 2 me: ritualizing a turndown service, as if my home is a hotel.
16. “escape is not a dirty word. none of us can face what’s happening head-on all of the time.” – sheldon kopp
sun turndown service.
the other day, my elderly neighbor-lady turned to me from her porch and said, “well, this sure is a real bowl of sour cherries now isn’t it?” ya. so, anyway, i’ve decided to be a goober and host thurs list office hours tomorrow fri 3.27 from 1-2pm pst. zoom me then / there / here if ya like. password: thurslist. i’ll see you all the time:
1. my bro-in-law tweeted these soothing jams & bless him he said he’d update t/his playlist.
2. for something punchier, w+k quarantunes is an open collab treasure trove. don’t fuck it up.
3. imo eater pdx’s round-up has been the most accurate n’ comprehensive. bookmark dat shit.
4. speaking of reasons to work out: have i preached at you re: the class? no? @ me. i’m all in.
5. pitchfork, choosing 2 be a mensch for once, is updating this delightful sched daily. ty hunny!
6. zoom-tv crib peeps: hit up open doors 4 more-o-the-same, but nicer. dakota’s is asmr gold.
7. s/o 2 my mom for the cincinnati zoo hot tip. 12pm pst every damn day. obvs my fifi was 1st.
8. she also sent me the monterey live cams and u can bet ur ass i stream the open seas 24/7.
9. not into add’l homework rn, but, shit, 450 ivy courses 4 free? some1 smart up & report back.
10. i mean, if sarah’s on the alison roman apocalypse train, then i’m def on board. got favs?
11. signaturesoft upstate sweatsuit won’t fix shit, but what else r we gonna do? not lounge?
12. h/t amy 4 this cool web game. see also my “welcome back, web 2012” working theories.
13. seth drafted us personal pandemic recs & now 80s-era holly hunter is my xanax n’ chill.
14. “a common misconception is that spiritual journeys require travel.” – michael lipsey
80s-era spiritual journey.
i was thinking, today feels like the perfect day to send one of these. ya? you got it. for yous and yours and anyone else who needs it:
1. oh lord y’all i just discovered kottke is a certified hottie mcscottie. did. not. see. this. coming.
2. fuck it, we vibing. fiona’s waddle and this chill dude are giving me life and all the joy rn.
3. kate blessed me w/ her relentless picnic rec & now i’m desperate to talk to about it. haaalp.
4. a spring 2020 reno means selling some good stuff and stalking cathy & garrett 4 awhile.
5. damn i’m excited to see how lazy susan does in the old country cat space. could b vvv güd.
6. “if not, someone was clearly pulling my pisser.” – florence pugh’s fuckin’ amazing mukbang.
7. on that last awful stretch of the wire and boy do these miniatures make me miss old lester.
8. if ur not gonna follow my #1 main man office doggo then honestly idk if we can still be frans.
9. pack up. we’re going to la and we’re staying at 1 of 5 schwank-ass hotels. stop complaining.
10. emily asked if i’d heard of neat. a: no, so obvs i promptly scrolled 100 hrs of my life away.
11. 15-year-old me is wondering if 311 would play amber on repeat for the entire 3.5 show. thx.
12. pretty sure there’s never been a more important eater round-up than this one right here.
13. i say this, like, every time, but today i mean it: imma pierce my ears. i can’t not own these.
14. flying fish is hosting an oyster battle sat & my kosher husband is outta town & i’m going.
15. “a few years ago, i met a woman at a wedding who told me that she pictured marriage like two astronauts floating around in space, tethered together … naturally, i leaned in to hear her marital advice. ‘you can’t prevent the drift,’ she said. ‘it’s natural. the trick is noticing when the distance gets too big, and knowing how to pull each other back in.’ … i’ve always liked that reeling-in analogy. what better way to describe a relationship than two people fumbling with ropes at zero gravity, waving their arms around, trying to sync up?” – charlotte cowles
could b vvv güd.
oh why yes helloooooo.
wasn’t sure this was happening today, but then idk caught a wave and went on a tear and, well, here we are. for you and the crew. some grade a hullabaloo:
1. luv my work ppls, but if those fuckerz don’t stop stealing from my personal pen stash ayyy.
2. thought i tried every hot yoga joint in town, but then jenna took me to hot pilates. shiiiiiiiiit.
3. sue & i saw mcmillion$ at sundance and omg agent mathews can you be in everything??
4. going out on a limb here, but guessing that many of us are here for the booksellers movie.
5. longing for cold, winter days biking up and down the williamsburg bridge. i still miss nyc.
6. “veiled in compliments is the same message over and over again: keep going.” – this feeling
7. a world where ina shows glossier some genuine, unsponsored love: a world worth saving.
8. i just learned about dinosaurs in love a few min ago so forgive me, but i am shook y shook.
9. gge are coming to portland sat 5.30 & i bought a ticket … oy lawd i’m a podcast person now.
10. dan deacon thurs 3.19 & wye oak sat 3.21? that’s some g-damn concert umami right there.
11. dear real good food, may the wee lil’ foodie specialty store wave you rode in on never ebb.
12. angstalgia: feelings of acute nostalgia for a time to which you would dread to return. ooof.
13. <3’d little women like everyone else, but when saul goodman walked in i literally could not.
14. finally cracked open fleishman and ooooweee am i having one helluva good bad sad time.
15. “a girl can do what she wants to do and that’s what i’m gonna do.” – joan jett
unsponsored dinosaur love.
it’s a brand new day so i’m just gonna get to it. here we go magic:
1. the semisonic closing time (no, srsly) song exploder had me and seth sobbing. i kid u not.
2. big ups to kai 4 the alex proba hot tip: woonwinkle stocks these gorge rugs & pillows now!
3. “so new it’s not even on google yet søren shop is da one to watch.” – my personal opinion
4. i hopped on the dolly parton’s america bandwagon and hot damn i never wanna hop off.
5. oh, taylorsmith. if only our home ft. a money tree to fund a bangin’ adu for you to build.
6. okayyyy malka. i see u & ur matzo ball khao soi. just lemme know when i can walk on in.
7. dang i wanna try pattern, but i just refilled my evo & i’m in the amazon dog house w/ seth.
8. oh, man repeller. you had me at 3 extremely sincere outfits inspired by uncut gems. sold.
9. soooo whaddawe think? is someday the new portland bar of our late night drinky dreams?
10. forrrr the record i ™’d “see a corgi. pick it up. all day long you’ll have good luck” in feb ’16.
11. many thx to portland monthly for the midwinter pro tips on st. helens snowshoeing. check.
12. wait wait what how is it possible this song came out in 2004? where did the time goooo?
13. minus 2 pts for t mag f-ing up the pieces url, but plus 5 pts for all the inspo. solid net gain.
14. “there is never any end. there are always new sounds to imagine: new feelings to get at. and always, there is the need to keep purifying these feelings and sounds so that we can really see what we’ve discovered in its pure state. so that we can see more clearly what we are. in that way, we can give to those who listen, the essence — the best of what we are. but to do that at each stage, we have to keep on cleaning the mirror.” – john coltrane
hot damn bandwagon.
well well well hey.
now that’s what i call
music thurs list 100. special s/o to those who have been ride or die’s since vol 1-30ish and a big fat hello to anyone receiving this for the first time because a friend of a friend asked me to add you to the distro list. you are all my ppl. thank you thank you thank you. let’s fucking get it:
1. he’s not on social now (obvs), but matt sent me this article & my iphone is 4ever changed.
2. every thing on this gadget list is genius / made me go “what?! they have a thing for this?!”
3. i don’t know how i found studio proba, but hot damn these pillows make me so happy.
4. providore is the dream shmancy grocery so u better believe i’m about about flying fish.
5. still haven’t tried xlb so p. relieved there’s about to be 2x the chances to make it happen.
6. speaking of openings, scroll to y’alla & write this down: horseradish labneh. i mean …
7. fyi my yelp bookmarking days are over. fuck those bros. marshy’s all google all the time now.
8. “oh taurus, you are not known for your courage and your adventure.” – umthanksiguess?
9. this post got me hooked on girls gotta eat so now i’m just like u: quietly giggling 2 myself.
10. i am 100% drinking this month so holler if y’all wanna hang with me & try any of these.
11. f*cking a, design milk. i did not need to know about this gorge $13k dining table. ugh.
12. can’t stop looking at these giant fabric butterflies n’ moths. anyway … how are you?
13. don’t @ me — i loooved uncut gems. julia fox is my thoroughbred ny biotch angel baby.
14. my desire for airpod pro’s is so ströng it’s actually embarrassing. how did we get here??
15. “when you go out into the woods, and you look at trees, you see all these different trees. and some of them are bent, and some of them are straight, and some of them are evergreens, and some of them are whatever. and you look at the tree and you allow it. you see why it is the way it is. you sort of understand that it didn’t get enough light, and so it turned that way. and you don’t get all emotional about it. you just allow it. you appreciate the tree.” – ram dass
some of them are whatever.
i got 99 problems, but a list ain’t one. get it? cause it’s the 99th list. w/e don’t @ me. aaaaaanyway i hereby dedicate this one to true love & triple digits. xoxo:
1. everything taffy touches turns 2 gold so it’s unclear why i still haven’t opened her book.
2. been talking up this chic-ass tillamook river cabin to anyone who will listen. ya hear me?
3. turns out my cousin emerson hosts the aclu’s at liberty podcast. count it: one proud marsh.
4. replugging duniway’s home tour b/c i effed up the link last time & idk i luv me some h-tours.
5. tbd if i have 2 travel 4 work. if not, you’ll find me at u/p’s give good gift pop-up sat 12.14.
6. as a hoosier i never thought i’d say this, but daaaang indy. nyt 36hrs? you fancy now huh.
7. ur killin’ me with this, design\milk. that gorge kalon plate set is more like 4x $50. c’mon guys.
8. pls tell me i’m not the only one lusting after these stubbs & wootton woody loafers. lawdy.
9. yes phoebe yaaaaaaaas. i mean srsly. how is this woman always so brilliant & sensational?
10. “dion’s answer seemed 2 shoot straight from her soul like a rocket leaving this world.”
11. technically voysey doesn’t open till 12.6, but word is our girl @danabobayna has l’hook up.
12. mmhmm sure def agree with haley’s life hack, but mostly b/c it led me to this, this, & this.
13. not even a lil embarrassed i take advantage of these free wallpaper dls. gotta keep it fresh.
14. “once a little boy sent me a charming card with a little drawing on it. i loved it. i answer all my children’s letters — sometimes very hastily — but this one i lingered over. i sent him a card and i drew a picture of a wild thing on it. i wrote, ‘dear jim: i loved your card.’ then i got a letter back from his mother and she said, ‘jim loved your card so much he ate it.’ that to me was one of the highest compliments i’ve ever received. he didn’t care that it was an original maurice sendak drawing or anything. he saw it, he loved it, he ate it.” – maurice sendak
saw it loved it ate it.
whatup good ppl.
congrats on another week well spent. you did good! brought you back some of those hard earned presents. have at ’em:
1. damn i’ve read the grit and polish backstory like 5x. i can haz retirement 2 now or naw?
2. currently picking up eeeeeeeeverything hommegirls is putting down. i meannnnn shit.
3. been sleeping on foster powell. thunderbird is basically the perfect bar and now otto. dang.
4. s/o to miss piggy’s feminist mystique for breathing some luxe good life back into my week.
5. my therapist is obsessed w/ this a+ esther perel podcast & oh my god i can’t look away.
6. “the boat was kept afloat by j.lo who ordered 100 candles every month, sometimes 200.”
7. f-ing love the new haim so much. damn i’m in it. been tryin’ to find my way back for a min.
8. yes but did *u* know it *used* to be called wordstock? lol this nerd ass town. see u sat 11.9.
9. seeing parasite tonight & am pretty pumped, but also like 100% unprepared. is it spooky??
10. if this year’s zoo lights is as lit as last year, then uhhh hell yea count me in. sexyyyyyyy.
11. so what if i luv redfin & open houses & seahaven holiday home tours? leave me alone.
12. also not embarrassed this targeted insta bs got us 2 book one 4 the holidays. 2 bored jews.
13. “q: does there come a point in being a success when the laurels get heaped so high that you just kind of fall ass-backwards onto it and have a rest? or is everything exhausting, forever? a: christ i can’t wait to fall ass-backwards onto laurels.” – richard lawson
nerd ass laurels.
i adore you. this one’s for the roadies. let’s go, it’s showtime:
1. woah woah woah maje alkatz hot tip on kate woodman‘s portrait sesh pop-up sun 11.3.
2. reader poll … am i the only one just now getting around to watching the wire? so. many. q’s.
3. i would like to visit palomar several times in the next few months *marked as urgent* pls & ty.
4. weird fun thing w/ the jupiter + movie madness. seth is suspicious, but w/e i’m here for it.
5. 100% considering booking a trip to nyc just to visit slime paradise at the sloomoo institute.
6. also trying v hard to convince seth to visit todos santos just to stay at san cristobal. not sry.
7. man am i excited about this new hotel + bar + restaurant opening on mlk. izgonnabegood.
8. found daphne via this interview and, i gotta say, the mood of her feed is so on it. approved.
9. oh wow def underestimated the # of perfectly bonkers christmas flicks this year. get it fam.
10. i like fiction pods now. maybe this is why ppl like books on tape. amazing! case closed!
11. original cast goddammit or i don’t want ur fake ass platform sequel u amucky mucks.
12. in re: spookiness, might i suggest u follow the worms. the best is the dad. sound on!
13. “it’s okay … nothing changes, except what has to.” – captain cragen, svu
o hey hi whatupppp hello.
update! believe it or not, some good stuff’s going on, too good not to share. this one’s for all y’all:
1. really stoked everyone’s still on board with thurs being the best day. happy best day, bitches.
2. if anyone’s wondering what my favorite cereal to eat by the fistfuls is, it’s this one alright?
3. these two songs on repeat until i want to murder them b/c idk that’s how i’ve always been.
4. spent 4 days moving 1231 yelp bookmarks into a pdx collection. welcome 2 the freak show.
5. would <3 the cute sweatshirt to come in like 3+ colors. never been much of a burgundy gal.
6. boo hiss t magazine now i want these $300 jeans vvv badly. what am i supposed to do now?
7. rough holiday plans: bake tons of thinly iced sugar cookies with @alpal & watch let it snow.
8. ok but srsly what’s a must stay hotel in santa fe? el rey court? asking mostly for marsh.
9. seeing electric guest wed 10.30 slash making it up to myself for stupidly opting out last year.
10. cool but why do bakeries close so fuckin earlyyyy? no baked goods past 2pm is a sham!
11. i’m supposed to be nickel arcade-ing this sun 10.27, but it’s also the flea so ugh i’m torn.
12. if my bathroom ends up lookin’ like this i’m gonna give so many hugs ppl did not ask for.
13. not totally sure where this is going, but my spidey sense says rising wolf is one to watch.
14. seth wants 2 note fleabag was originally a 1-woman show & third rail’s showing it sat 10.26.
15. “writing is a form of therapy; sometimes i wonder how all those who do not write, compose, or paint can manage to escape the madness, melancholia, the panic and fear which is inherent in a human situation.” – graham greene
cute jeans by the fistfuls.
ok let’s address the elephant in the room. the last thurs list i sent was, like, 4 months ago. here’s the thing: i’m getting married this sunday (hi seth!) and planning a medium-big jewish wedding in your 30s is hard work & fuckin time-consuming buuuuut we hired a baller planner (hi catherine!) so this final stretch is actually quite nice and i had some free time and i really wanted to write one of these so, here we are. i miss you! i love you! l’chaim!
1. very late to this party, but obsessed w/ deadshot & their truly inspired pickled kangaroo.
2. if han oak modern afternoon tea pop-up isn’t the most pdx thing ever, i don’t know what is.
3. currently living for all 22 seconds of the kept me crying breakdown at 0:52. clap. clap. clap.
4. fingers crossed the zoo will fly in fifi & bibi to attend this tue 8.13 feist / rhye concert w/ me.
5. hi yes did someone here say cute houseboats to rent? ok that’s good b/c i am here 4 that.
6. fleabag is baaaack. i def watched season 1, but all i really remember is not wanting it to end.
7. lotta new spots i’d totally add to our wedding guest to-do recs. scotch lodge 4 sure 1 of ’em.
8. did this a lil backwards & read normal people first. uh-may-zing. onto conversations now!
9. big ups 2 mrs. derse 4 spotting this v exciting midsummer jew-y delicatessen night’s dream.
10. dang these are sold out / i don’t have time 2 add everything else she makes to my registry.
11. i still can’t believe this home exists in manhattan and, like, someone lives inside it. money!
12. if you’re not taking working staycations in woodlark’s lobby, then idk what 2 tell you, man.
13. not really counting down the days till ellsworth kelly stamps are avail, but u get the idea.
14. “take a ton of pictures, text your friends stupid things, check in with old friends as often as possible, express admiration to co-workers, and every day, tell as many people as you can that you love them. a couple of minutes every day — the payoff is small at first, and then it’s immense.” – scott galloway
midsummer night’s deli.
hello beautiful ppl!
i don’t know about you, but lately i’ve been feeling hella overdue for an upswing. this one’s for anyone on the swings looking for a good push:
1. i’m about 50 plays away from this song making me a little nauseous. w/e. idgaf. 49 plays.
2. speaking of songs i can’t play due to obsessive repeat behavior, beirut’s here thurs 2.28.
3. h/t momma marsh for the weinermobile scoop. if she wins, i’m quitting my day job. shotgun!
4. the pun work on this trend forecast is truly impeccable. obbbbbviously an mjr production.
5. have we talked about hummus yet? no? well, then. let’s f*ckin talk about hummus. gdamn.
6. i know this is a fake-y brand post, but i can’t help it. i’m super into that hard things poster!
7. fiona turned 2 last week and i really just need everyone to settle in, level up, and get into it.
8. james turrell is alive and well. i had to google it when i saw the latest on roden crater. ooo!
9. last yr, natural wine bars. this yr, hard 2 google bars. g’luck west & unnamed speakeasy.
10. healthy japanese cafés & grocery stores are also having a moment. i’m here 4 it, maybe?
11. emily cooked this up the other day & now i’m having recurring veggie lasagna dreams.
12. seth doesn’t want either of these 44″ tramps on l’registry so they’re going here instead. thx.
13. my camp friend is bon appétit’s deputy editor now. she was unbelievably cool back then 2.
14. “i’m waiting for a new me to show up in my mind.” – david berman
japanese turrell speakeasy.
hi hi hello there.
this is a quiet little thurs list to help soothe your souls and cure your ills and get your lovely ass to tomorrow with the hope of a ‘lil something extra extra. read all about it:
1. i’d do super regrettable things to turn my janky basement gym into this grown ass one.
2. seth is v skeptical about mlb to pdx, but my gut says a stadium and a team is hella nigh.
3. good, cause i like roughing it with a money back guarantee of reallllllllllly good ‘grams.
4. wish i had listened to this one work dick who totally called the bougie weed market boom.
5. were vip zoolights tix worth $160? some said no, others said o-dang that is a sexy gorilla.
6. good news re seth’s new waterproof shower speaker: the on/off sounds are super pleasant.
7. i can’t remember who told me about hello good morning, but p sure they said nice things.
8. brb running away from my problems to have a rich ass happy life in this silverlake three step.
9. still fighting a bs head cold, but on the bright side there’s soup. my god there’s always soup.
10. new “no phones in the bedroom” rule. love it but also … buying an alarm clock is v weird.
11. q: if seth & i hosted a ’09-’12 dance party in our unfinished basement would u attend?
12. a: yes b/c that era was beautiful & we still got the same feels that moved us 7-10 yrs ago.
13. i’m here for the “dress to impress … no matching solids!” sun 1.20 yg afterparty dress code.
14. “& how many times have you loved me without my asking? how often have i loved a thing because you loved it? including me” – danez smith
vip good morning.
how u doin? good? same. i know i know it’s been a minute. but but but wait. look! i found some things. wrote a song about it. wanna hear it? here it goes:
1. pdx power yoga just answered my north/ne baptiste yoga studio prayers. hallelu!
2. seth & i lurved big’s chicken & then it burned down so 2 thumbs up 4 a beav reboot.
3. fyi you can bring ur classy city folk friends to psychic bar w/o a pre-visit caveat sesh.
4. wait shut up haptic lab now sells wearable quilt coats? in 3 gorge styles? mamma mia.
5. “tumbling remixes & edits of the stones & like-minded cats.” – sample it now, vibe 2 it later.
6. still gushing about this perf lil’ farmhouse 15min from my place. we have to go baaack.
7. not sure how 2 cups of full fat coconut milk is virtuous, but hot damn i wanna try this.
8. i’ve been talking up that tri-be-i-5 micro ‘hood for yrs. glad someone else was listening!
9. seth & i stepped up our shared grocery list game & went all in on anylist. a+ upgrade.
10. if there’s one festive holiday pop-up to attend this year, it’s hey holiday 12.8 + 12.9. k? k.
11. osu is paying ppl $40 to eat burgers at their sensory lab fri 12.7. omg somebody do this.
12. everyone’s all hotel hot on the hoxton, but i’ve got my $ on woodlark. u heard it here 1st.
13. almost got 1 of these at rei, but my coupon expired and i totally chickened out. dangit!
14. “you’ll understand why storms are named after people.” – f. scott fitzgerald
big’s sensory psychic lab.
this one goes out to all my homies who didn’t realize they’d be getting a nice in their inbox today but damn well needed one. love you like fam, fam. go on with your grand selves:
1. my sister-in-law wrote an extraordinary piece on student debt & now i’m kvelling.
2. why didn’t i know about big red machine sooner? bon iver x the national but 4 real.
3. all my friends are super preg-o, but idgaf i wanna hang so here’s what i propose.
4. “my son’s 1st pair of sneakers. my mom gave them 2 me in a lucite box.” – omg wtf
5. in july, kachka unveiled a new löök, a sister spot, & a killer hh. really gettin’ after it.
6. stupid arbitrary goal + 5 year diary are by the daughter of a nyc legend. a gotta read.
7. “less a restaurant than a giant terrarium curated by coachella” – ok holiday. i see u.
8. ppl hated this nyt feature, but i’m totally into the house. guess i’m part-o-le-problem?
9. sue says ok omens is the winebar2watch & this chick caesar sitch def confirms that.
10. i’d ♥ someone to make this brightened-up matzo ball soup for yom kippur hint hint.
11. andrea tipped me off to in their closet & now my wardrobe is about to get jacked.
12. “what matters most is how well you walk through the fire.” – charles bukowski
so clearly the retrograde is real – shushy all my astro-deniers, i don’t wanna hear it. it’s been a real dum dum of a week (duh) so i, for one, am very excited to peace out tomorrow and go hid in a cave of self care for 48hrs. keep the faith, my friends. paul says it’s getting better all the time:
1. the selby is in pdx & i haven’t fan girl’d this hard in yearsss. come see!
2. seth attacked some major fridge org issues & now we’re f-ing stacked.
3. i’m sorry, poler. did you say cozy stuff launch party fri 8.3? hot damn.
4. i have ströng opinions re: house boats & real estate. ask me anything.
5. h/t apartment therapy for the airstream round-up i didn’t know i needed.
6. try & stop me from going to the henderson open house sun 8.5. i dare u.
7. seth & i are shaking 4 fists at ikea for reviving this shit 8 months too late.
8. i hate to admit it, but west elm’s public playlists are smart and delightful.
9. anyone want to check out natural wine bar stunner bar norman with me?
10. holy moly. the mcdonald’s monopoly scam long read is absolutely bonkers.
11. both intrigued & terrified by the turbulence party fri 9.7. ahh be safe ppl!
12. “she wasn’t doing a thing that i could see, except standing there leaning on the balcony railing, holding the universe together.” – j.d. salinger
ströng cozy stunners.
the sun is shining and i just wanna say it’s gonna be a great ass day. also, i love you guys. like, a ton. sry if that’s too much to hold onto rn. it’s just how i feel:
1. after 5 years of standing by my ios7 default wallpaper, i’ve finally moved on.
2. a new kure, quickfish, & mysterious fro-yo place 4 min from work? oh, i’m down.
3. it still blows my mind that rhye is a man. see for yourself sun 7.29 at revolution hall.
4. tigerpup just alerted me that the wing now has an online store. i have use for this.
5. top 10 ‘hood montavilla is having a fair sun 7.29. i’ll take any excuse to visit maven.
6. i just bought this shirt because the cut will forever and always be my go-to burn lol.
7. gotten the most “oh you’re reading this?!” comments on this month’s book club pick.
8. 2 years late to this, but now i’m 100% confident an african safari honeymoon is a go.
9. thx 2 hipcamp, i’ve slept in a luxe tipi & pitched my tent on an island for under $45.
10. here’s hoping pink rabbit can finally break 232 nw 12th ave’s curse. i believe in u!
11. are u watching halt & catch fire for the 1st time because i am & i need 2 discuss.
12. “q: how do i become a confident, successful, powerful woman? a: stop asking for someone else’s opinion and take what’s yours.” – christine friar
ctrl alt default.
it’s been a totally normal and mostly appropriate week here in 72° & sunny portland. i understand though, b/c i listen to talk radio now, that things are suuuper grim out there so i drafted a thurs list to make it better. feel your feels, ppl:
1. u don’t have to be a podcast person to <3 this. jvn & tan’s friendship is infinity.
2. ignorning this is a paid post b/c all i want at my wedding is crying groomsmen.
3. getting way more confident major league baseball will come to pdx in seth’s lifetime.
4. even my neighbor w/ social anxiety is excited about the cathedral park jazz fest!
5. molly & i evaluate vows weekly & good lord last week’s was incredible. 1001 gems.
6. sun parkways green loop this sun 7.22 11-4pm be there or be a bum butt elsewhere.
7. i had a dentist appt yesterday at 2:30 & honestly been giggling about it for hrs.
8. my dearest ariana grande. please just keep doing whatever it is you’re doing.
9. avoided the news since 2017, but lately i’ve been doing opb in the am. it’s a start.
10. oh hello kim + ono w/ the mad gorge silk & charmeuse botanical print kimonos.
11. and sugarpine drive-in is officially open for biz! 1 choc dipped vanilla cone pls.
12. “you are strong. you’re a kelly clarkson song. you got this.” – jvn
mad gorge bum.
it’s been a while and i thought, “well shit let’s correct that.” this week has been p. heavy so here’s a sweet little thurs list to lighten da mood. man oh man i love you guys. big time.
1. can’t stop listening to how does it feel by kamaiyah for reasons unbeknownst to me. enjoy!
2. been thinking about how special lady hill winery is, right down to the goddamn parking lot.
3. seth got me on le kinja deals. i don’t get how it’s also deadspin but w/e dat cosco deal tho.
4. oh dang there’s a prairie underground sample sale this weekend. so down 4 that shizzzzz.
5. read this nyt article on nxivm & just, like, oh my god. what a terribly weird time to be alive.
6. finally hit up this yuppie rooftop bar & happy 2 report my hidden gem instincts r still v good.
7. imma be outta town during sylvan esso’s fri 7.13 show. can i live vicariously through u pls?
8. oooo there’s v good stuff opening up in the n mississippi pod. pdx little conejo outpost ftw!
9. thanks to dmgaynor and ilthy, i have come to the conclusion that i am, in fact, a hat person.
10. sugarpine drive-in opens in july & is a mere 30min drive from my house. sry not sry sether.
11. dammit t editors, now i feel like i *have* to stock 2 kinds of brightland evoo in my pantry.
12. “take the compliment. do not shy away from another thing that belongs to you.” – rupi kaur
extra virgin good stuff.
confession: i’m super dang excited for this weekend. it’s my birthday on sun and all i wanna do is wake up and remember (1) it’s my birthday (2) it’s my birthday aaaaaalllllll day (3) i get to tell everyone it’s my birthday. some years i reeeeeeally don’t care, but this year i’m feeling it so there you have it. hope this one puts a little pep in your step. love u’s:
1. v. excited for busy’s talk show (as if i needed another reason to buy an f-ing apple tv 4k).
2. wait wait wait there’s an annual irvington home tour in may for $25?? yas queen yaaaaaas.
3. “we have found that movie nights are good for the cats.” lol whatever you say purrington’s.
4. thankful this season for canard, ranch pizza, arden, & just, like, real organic fuds ya know.
5. tea fest pdx sat 7.21 b/c what else r u gonna do before watching mommy dearest w/ cats?
6. wait you don’t want me to order bible club’s $70 secret menu marg? gimme 1 reason, seth.
7. “fiona has always loved the hose!!” honestly can’t get enough of the cincy zoo in my feed.
8. also, if ur fav fab 5-er is jonathan then get ur ass over to his insta and settle in. ur welcome.
9. finished riri’s 10min makeup tutorial & now i’m all summer sunset love drama BITCHES.
10. dear seth, can we paint the study mint green or put up a society6 wall mural? circle y/n.
11. i bingo’d on this so fast it made my head spin. spreadsheets spreadsheets spreadsheets!
12. “so long as you write what you wish to write, that is all that matters; and whether it matters for ages or only for hours, nobody can say.” – virginia wolf
summer sunset love drama spreadsheets.
finally getting one of these outta my head and into your inbox and feeling pretty dang stoked about it. here’s a fresh batch of good ones to kick off the good times. i say let ’em roll:
1. man i could really go for a sweet collection of jumpy sloan crosley essays right now.
2. yo the zsa zsa gabor estate sale is absolutely bonkers. shop till u drop now thru sat 4.14.
3. there’s a new posh af hotel in mcminnville that looks a whole lot like my sorta hotel.
4. seth made us a 2 year anniversary playlist & it’s a helluva round-up. beyond biased obvs.
5. this anonymous passover rant is so dang delightful to me. creamy horseradish? lol pdx.
6. getting stupid excited 4 the vía raíz brick & mortar soft opening in 2 weeks. so much yes.
7. heading to nyc for work & u can bet ur ass imma hunt one of these down upon arrival.
8. dude there is a huuuuuuge warehouse sale happening at the cleaners this wknd. helllooo.
9. chillin’ in lake-o drinking good coffee & ogling classic cars is 100% my kind of sat. in in in.
10. dang it. the new feelings show at pnca is closing sat 4.14 and imma be outta town. grrr.
11. thing that made me reminisce real hard: a dashboard confessional tour stop in pdx fri 4.13.
12. “i like the feeling of words doing as they want to do and as they have to do.” – gertrude stein
my kind of bias.
just checking in. you doing good? hanging in there? you don’t have to answer right away. got some sweet little things for ya no matter what the feels may be:
1. idk why, but i suddenly can’t get enough of hell yeah. repeat repeat repeat send help pls.
2. strongly considering becoming a hat person so i can rock redwolf’s grl pwr baseball hat.
3. have u tried the thai rolled ice cream at 22 below? it looks hella duhlicious. i want some rn.
4. seth’s nl-only keeper fantasy baseball league needs a warm body eod fri. call him maybe?
5. niko’s drip glaze orb planter got me dreaming and scheming super unnecessary plant plans.
6. big wins on max read’s fakewood mac playlist: sounds like fleetwood. not actually fleetwood.
7. missed the inaugural flea last month, so getting my ass there this sun 3.25 come hell or w/e.
8. there’s made-to-order beignets around the corner from my office now so bye 4ever i guess.
9. u guys. don’t sleep on that harney & sons hot cinnamon sunset tea. next. level. spiiiiiiice.
10. full-blown obsessed w/ a spanish hostage series seriously titled money heist b/c netflix.
11. a middleditch & schwartz show in pdx is a big deal apparently? get ur tix 3.23 at 10am.
12. “life is something that happens when you can’t get to sleep.” ― fran lebowitz
mariah carey lyrics.
i was just thinking about you and how much i wanted to say hello (hello!). been collecting a couple of things i thought you’d appreciate. here, for you:
1. running my 1st race in may & hot on the wireless headphone hunt. these, these, or these?
2. almost positive this tj meal hack would give me maaad heartburn, but dang it looks good.
3. y’all know about russell crowe’s art of divorce auction w/ sotheby’s right? dibs on the rolex!
4. “he’s fucking batman!” – so many gems in this oral history of last year’s best picture fiasco.
5. seth recently outed himself as a tumblr hoarder. tbh webjunk and bad thesaurus hold up!
6. if you’re itching for a creepy long read, nymag’s worst roommate ever really did it for me.
7. oh, anyone looking to get their 2nd night of seder on — i hear you and i’ve got you covered.
8. a teote mezcaleria on alberta? is this for real? like a dream i didn’t know i had come true.
9. now trending: coming home, putting on pjs, and flopping on the chaise like an absolute unit.
10. “that’s just some, like, natural earth bitch” – tlc having a baller reaction to their mean tweet.
11. sry but a cbd menu add-on is super hilarious to me. weedle juice weedle juice weedle juice!
12. “love takes off masks that we fear we cannot live without and we know we cannot live within.” – james baldwin
the art of fucking batman.
been a minute. i hope these spruce up your inbox and make you feel nice:
1. i’m a sucker 4 coffeeshop news so either/or expanding to williams is really making my day.
2. seth & i are still hunting for giant statement art. time to switch gears to giant pool as art?
3. pdx wine bars are having quite a moment rn. oh hiii arden, oui, and park avenue how u.
4. if i ever visit vancouver (ca), definitely hitting up federal store 4 those f-ing gorgeous carbs.
5. artist residence launched a schmancy pj collab & just like that i’m on back the luxe pj hunt.
6. if u can resist a workshop titled intro to croissants pls do us all a favor & keep it to yourself.
7. alto’s adventure is the only mobile game i’ve ever liked so i’m def excited about a sequel.
8. i ♥ our bluetooth turntable & honestly can’t remember what chillin’ at home was like w/o it.
9. smh the sun 2.25 pdx brunch festival starts @ 10am. brunch starts at 12pm! at the earliest!
10. i adore ezra being my kooky camp friend as much as him being my kooky rockstar friend.
11. kate convinced me to set my iphone text size to super small & everything feels new again.
12. she also introduced me to witchsy and the most baller enamel pin i’ve ever seen sooo …
13. “i want to be with you, it is as simple, and as complicated as that.” – charles bukowski
to the wknd go i.
y’all ready for some nice things to zhoosh up your thurs afternoon? oh ya? you are? well fabulous. found a whole set. i’ll just put ’em down here for ya:
1. the 2.7 lekfit on demand bounce class dance choreography is giving me a shit ton of life rn.
2. god bless amber for making sure seth & i hit up rosario’s in sa. that salsa oh my gawwwwd.
3. toughest yoga teacher in portland? easy. alex kosinski. currently kicking butts here & here.
4. ladies leave your man at home. drunk in love beyoncé vs. drake tribute at holocene fri 2.16.
5. oh def hitting up the flea kickoff sun 2.25. nabbed a fab mexican blanket for $24 last year!
6. hell yes 2 this list of “secret” e-stores. seth & i can 100% vouch 4 homies. ♥ our lumbar.
7. ooOoo it’s my fav time of year again! oscar nominated animated shorts previewing time!
8. awww u guyz providore fine foods turns 2 sat 2.10. what cutie patootie fresh & tutti fruities.
9. still dreaming about the migas tacos from veracruz all natural. i can haz here? plz say yes.
10. holy friggin moly. a spice girls reunion tour & a zara in pdx?? breathe, marshy. breathe.
11. h/t hillockburn farm for the affordable bath salts & natural sponges. appreciate u guyz.
12. still thinking about the baby driver soundtrack & its forward moving, get shit done feels.
13. “when i look at my life i realize that the mistakes i have made, the things i really regret, were not errors of judgement but failures of feeling.” ― jeanette winterson
butt kicks & bath salts.
marsh here with the weekday hot clicks n’ late afternoon treasure scrolls. kick back, relax — put your worries on a shelf for a few. got a little refresh just for you:
1. gap body, doing the tribe a solid with the soft n’ comfy undies, miraculously, forever on sale.
2. i don’t have pierced ears (i tried, i was 7, i failed) but sophie is really making me rethink that.
3. for those of u who can get down w/ some bougie foodie dinner series shit, might i recco dis.
4. really hoping they might be giants plays their tiny toons vids at crystal ballroom thurs 3.8.
5. srsly where can i go dancing sat 1.20 that isn’t gross? just, like, some one off around town?
6. brain is melting a lil realizing the rose city classic dog show is 5 days long. so. much. dawg.
7. spotify’s serving me garden state-y content & now i wish i was on campus. any campus.
8. the ladies of wk have spoken: our scent is no.04 bois de balincourt by maison louis marie.
9. swooning 4 cold picnic’s take me back to formentera rugs & uhh many many other things.
10. all y’all not watching the good place: plz get your shiz together & catch up. i have thoughts!
11. “i think that one of these days you’re going to have to find out where you want to go. and then you’ve got to start going there.” – j.d. salinger
classic undie content.
back at it again, but this time around i’m gonna try to keep things short and sweet. no muss, no fuss just straight to the good stuff:
1. if there was ever a quest that needed my attention, it’s the epic pdx pancake quest. send.
2. psa don’t order a loosely blanket (they’re scamy scammers). these or these‘ll do u just right.
3. my ♥ language is touch, but what can i say … these better than sex tweets really got to me.
4. many feels re: 1st annual skyline tavern chili off sat 1.6. gonna need to put ’em somewhere.
5. checked out urbanite over the break & holy moly they really got their shit together. want/all.
6. am i the last to know about the stupid good chai tea lattes at insomnia coffee? i am? ah ok.
7. break favs: big pink, reading at tea chai te, yvonne at löly, my new dentist, the drive home.
8. in an effort to read 1 book a month, i joined a book club and skimmed thru roxane’s list. yay.
9. seth told me i had to watch how fleetwood makes a song & – surprise – he was not wrong.
10. dear god i nearly forgot about california diaries. daaang. the ’90s were really just magical.
11. fyi not following the cincinnati zoo means missing major baby hippo web content ok?
12. “each moment is a leap forwards from the brink of an invisible cliff, where time’s keen edges are constantly renewed. we lift our foot from the solid ground of all our life lived thus far, and take that perilous step out into the empty air. not because we can claim any particular courage, but because there is no other way.” – han kang
chill chill chili.
well it’s been a delightful lil week over here and i’ve got nothing to spread but hella good cheer (ohwassup hanukkah how u?). anyway, here’s what i’m thinking: eff all this paperwork. let’s just get right into it. ya? well okay then! happy hanukkah, y’all:
1. i got joji a stonedware pipe for hanukkah (don’t worry she already got it) b/c ummm fashun?
2. “you’re out of your element, trisha.” – 2017 hater’s guide to the williams sonoma catalogue.
3. pls send quadratini’s. i’ve only seen them at world market & it’s 2 cold to walk over there.
4. snagged this beauty from oak + fort in sf. where’d this magical store come from? bless ’em.
5. bored? stressed? both? here. david’s countdown of the best films of 2017 will make it better.
6. if you aren’t following the cincinnati zoo and #teamfiona pls stop what ur doing and fix that.
7. “there’s also notes of the smell of nyc, which is a tiny bit of coffee & marijuana.” – yas wendy
8. looking 4 a 15×15 boho pouf & my etsy stone cushion pitch isn’t getting any traction. wtf?
9. whaddya doin’ the 7th night of hanukkah? feastly’s babka + challah class? coooool. me 2.
10. man, i had no idea the portland drag ball scene was so fresh. love me a mercury scoop.
11. blah blah blah jay-z’s at moda tonight w/e. everyone knows the real party’s at trio w/ lil jon!
12. vast murders of crows are routinely swarming over downtown pdx. surely it means nothing.
13. dang. kingsland looks tasty! & here i thought it was a douchey embassy suites joint. oops.
14. a-trak is here fri 1.12! fyi i’ve played this 1000 times thx to an 11.29 lekfit class (sry seth).
15. “life is an awful, ugly place to not have a best friend.” – sarah dessen
bff fashun piece.
i haven’t sent a list in two months and it’s been driving me crazy. things are f-ing bananas around here and *technically* there isn’t time for anything extra right now, but i went ahead and wrote one of these anyway because (1) fuck it (2) there’s always time (3) did i already say fuck it? anyway, i hope that’s cool. sending y’all some extra joy and unconditional good times to get you through:
1. heather made me an 90s grrrls playlist b/c she is a modern day mrs. fucking claus. ty!
2. imma guarantee good times at the slow magic wonder ballroom show sat 12.2. truuust me.
3. v. surprised it took me 31 years to get on board with white noise sleeping. g-bless rain rain.
4. tomorrow is the ruff life dog art show and fundraiser at instrument. i repeat, tomorrow is …
5. we’re all stressed af so i think it’d be best for everyone to check out these adorable floofs.
6. sry seth ur gf is a sucker for xmas music. guessing this’ll get banned from our home soon.
7. passion pit is in pdx thurs 1.25. vvv excellent news b/c manners is f-ing timeless. h/t 2009.
8. i really hated the nyc night market bazaar scene, but it toooootally works in pdx. good fun!
9. “enjoy a casual festive walk, with or without a dog.” – lights & leashes dog walk tue 12.5 ftw.
10. i would kiiiiiiiiiiillllll to play hookey & hit up the duniway holiday home tour … *shakes fist*
11. saw first hand at the flea last weekend how right alex was about mister sister. want/all.
12. idk about u, but i can imagine every one of these egle zvirblyte prints hanging in kc’s apt.
13. what’s a girl gotta do to get a decent extra chunky knitted blanket around here? srsly.
14. saw the disaster artist. two thumbs up because it made me laugh and forget shitty things.
15. “life is short and the world is at least half terrible, and for every kind stranger, there is one who would break you, though i keep this from my children. i am trying to sell them the world. any decent realtor, walking you through a real shithole, chirps on about good bones: this place could be beautiful, right? you could make this place beautiful.” – maggie smith
slow misters & magic sisters.
oooof. it’s been a helluva week. i’m thinking we skip all the bs and just go straight for the feel good stuff. yea? am i reading your mind? maybe skim this while getting a foot massage and a big bear hug from your no. 1 or something. idk whatever it takes to gets those chill weekend vibes flowin’:
1. everyday is a winding road. i get a little bit closer … i get a little bit closer feeling fiiiiine.
2. ty cb2 for delivering the 4th (and hopefully last) white round table for our b-fast nook.
3. ricara sent me 2 nisolo & now my basement reno landscaping $$ is in jeopardy (sry seth).
4. busy’s instagram has changed my life 4 the better so, uh, thx 4 noticing, fancy media.
5. uo pro tip: call & say your 20% b-day coupon expired & u want a new one. 100% works.
6. i asked jo if cupofrahman was named after cupofjo. she sighed, “no. it’s after cup of ramen.”
7. if u need a good booty shake, fri 9.29 is snap! 90s dance party at holocene. cool is still cool.
8. i now brace myself 4 impact whenever i check nytimes. helpful 2 blast treats while scrolling.
9. heather introduced me 2 this classy af humidifier & now i’m pretty sure i can’t live w/o one.
10. qq: where all my royal blue wing back velvet accent arm chairs at? can we sit on u pls?
11. ooOOoo really feeling the nightwood! excited to dig into whatever these beauties cook up.
12. the gluten free fair tasting & expo cover photo made me lol idk it’s the little things rn guyz.
13. saw a free screening of battle of the sexes at cinema 21 on wed night. good n’ fulla starz.
14. a chance to try indigenous cooking by chef baka? at han oak? on tue 10.3? oh hell yes.
15. “it turns out i was right. but nothing has come of it.” ― wisława szymborska
new yorker mag & secret b-day snags.
i keep thinking about that greenzo episode of 30 rock where david schwimmer lodges a smiling cartoon earth prop into a stage light and it catches fire in front of a bunch of kids and everyone screams and liz lemon goes, “oh. oh boy. ok. this earth is ruined. we gotta get a new one.” that’s all. i hereby dedicate this week’s list to anyone who’s had enough:
1. ok yes i know i don’t have a dog, but i bought this b/c there’s dogs at work and it’s hi-larious.
2. seth introduced me to steve & busy’s new podcast we’re no doctors & – surprise – it’s fun!
3. not to get all coupon clippy, but if you like free movie screenings follow @orscreenings ok?
4. if you’ve ever bemoaned pdx’s contemporary art scene, stop & buy a tba:17 ticket right now.
5. fast times at ridgemont high at laurelhurst theater until thurs 9.14. ty. the world is better 4 it.
6. moving and decorating means i now know every goddamn advanced cl search in the book.
7. time released an a+ feature on women who are changing the world and now i’m p. misty. oy.
8. “go w/ like 6 people & order everything on the menu.” – kreher is a-ok on the waiting room
9. h/t kimmy 4 recco-ing i am that on hawthorne. review: lame name, uhhhmazing collection.
10. i can’t technically “afford” hd buttercup but iz nice to dream. blush pink snug chair! mmm.
11. i just found out that you can borrow leaf blowers n’ shit from the ne tool library for freeeeee.
12. gah in such a music rut rn. only good tunes in my queue are lebow’s jams & insecure s2.
13. pls tell me it’s ok that a targeted lunya insta ad just convinced me to invest in real pajamas.
14. vans interviewed 1 of my fav artists on their tumblr & seeing it made me feel nice & good.
15. “everything heals. your body heals. your heart heals. the mind heals. wounds heal. your soul repairs itself. your happiness is always going to come back. bad times don’t last.” – christiana rutkowski
healing sprees & lotsa freebies.
honestly, it’s been a real okay to lame-ish week. nothing super specific to write home about, just a little relieved this one’s over ya know? but. but! … there’s always a but … we’re in for a long ass weekend and my mom’s in town and there’s list-fulls of good stuff to turn it all around:
1. y so hard 2 find pretty non-garbage review salt & pepper grinders that don’t cost $$$? hm?
2. dammit studio mcgee opened an e-store & i’ve never felt more excited & basic in my lyfe.
3. doing me with this sound series on loop for a few days. chill & let chill ya kno what i mean?
4. keep meaning to check out the waiting room in nw. anyone been? looks so tasty n’ niiiice.
5. did beg improv w/ kupp & i srsly miss her funnies. lez stand up fri 9.1 is what’s up. def go.
6. hold up. hold my hand. hold my phone. courier sells og japanese shaved ice on saturdays!?
7. seth & i realized we might be making janky v2 of this house. again, see basic concern #2.
8. 40 off-white looks inspired by princess di? paris fashion week cannot come soon enough.
9. hony has a fb series, but one in 8 mill will always have my ♥. omg so old it ran on flash!
10. the russell introduced me to superfront & it puts my go-to karlstad hack to shaaaaame.
11. pdx paella fridayyyy? hosted by the crew behind my fav rosé? yes yes yes godbless yes.
12. oh girl only 100 days? you uhhhh might wanna double or triple that. nbd just a suggestion.
13. like a surprise party, i love a good corn maze, but it’s def gonna freak me the f*ck out.
14. there’s a killer consignment shop w/ an a+ insta presence right behind my house. amen.
15. “i guess it’s true what they say: if you wait long enough everything changes.” – junot díaz
8 mill & chill.