1. sending an “i’m not into you romantically” email instead of going passive aggressively radio silent until – hopefully – the other person forgot i existed and / or stopped trying.
2. posting a #nofilter photo on instagram and discovering an artist i really admire “liked” it.
3. taking my favorite heels to alex so i could keep naomi campbell walking allova town.
4. being asked repeatedly what sports i played in high school (answer: uhhhhh drama club?)
5. graduating from the 3lb to 5lb hand weights at my local synagogue.
“you never make
exactly what you want to make.
when you look at a finished piece of work,
you never see everything
that’s gone into getting it there.
most of what [able] designs isn’t seen
and he’s only just learnt
to come to terms with that.
but now he views everything he’s done
as a prototype for what’s to come.
he never expects he’s going
to make the final thing,
just the next thing.
he says the little battles are temporary.”