i’ve been listening to beiber’s new album uhhhhlot this week and now i feel full of youthful ignorance and supersized pride but also like i’m locked in an ibiza warehouse with a rowdy gang of 14 year olds. probably best to put le beibs on pause for a sec and focus on some other nice cool things like:
1. new rules: must love dogs, must follow @dog_rates. would pet diligently. 12/10.
2. ever wonder wut happens at an adele concert? thx to all knowing erica, mystery solved!
3. long dog makes clothing for long dogs (corgis, dachshunds, bassets, etc.). srsly can i live?
4. wanna unlimited vacay in negril next year? american is selling roundtrip tickets for $391!
5. it’s that best of time and this post + this playlist will cure even the gnarliest of music ruts.
6. thatcher, jong-un, or putin bluetooth speaker busts? sorta leaning double thatcher tbh …
7. once upon a midnight blurry could have been us, but we playin’ mad men 2016 vibes now.
8. if j fernandez is considered bedroom pop, then i guess i’m into bedroom pop. who knew.
9. for all my planners out there (wut up!!), here’s a list of good eats open on new years day.
10. bone thugs is playing at crystal ballroom on 1.21. ugh home used to be my evvverything.
11. late dec daters block? try the aerial tram – or – the vacuum museum – or – the grotto light festival. bankable fun times guaranteed (w/ or w/o an “only in portland” heavy sigh roll).
you’re busy. i’m busy. it’s freaking busy. let’s get right to the good stuff:
1. ever heard of structube furniture? saw on the artful desperado. looks affordable and nice!
2. in case anyone wants to fall down an internet hole, here’s the most viral tumblrs of 2015.
3. yo, nordstrom’s does price matching! jessica lo got them to sell her hunters for $79.99.
4. move over, kraft cheese singles. there’s a new kid in town. man, japan is the best at foods.
5. a nihilist charlie brown blog named may contain peanuts is my grace rn. also, i feel you.
6. there will be a thai fried chicken joint across the street from podnah’s. end scene.
7. can someone help me rock a weightless gold trinket skinny chambray femme look? thx.
8. thoughts on pdx’s famous vegan bbq cart? heard they gots a brick n’ mortar in sw now.
9. very ’bout it xmas party at produce row on fri 12.11 is looking like a must go aka u must go.
10. “the world breaks everyone, and afterward, many are strong at the broken places.” – ernest hemingway
the hiiiiiiiiills [of the atrium] are alive with the sooooooooound of [ambient ocean] music and in case you can’t remember where you parked your getaway canoe, here’s a grab bag of internet quaaludes to get you through:
1. pacific coast storm watching and a 7 course breakfast? you had me at 7 course breakfast.
2. jonesing for primecut’s salt + pepper hobo bag (spotted at the cleaners on black friday).
3. i don’t think i’ve ever seen a vintage store do a look book before. damn, yo vintage. get it.
4. obsessed with the jackets in this video + the part at 0:50 when everyone goes f-ing nuts.
5. ’tis the season for state-wide truffle fests, apparently. so weird it might just work. to eugene!
6. i wanted to hate this ’13 huffpo dating article, but then the 1st point became my north star.
7. guyzzzz are these really the best holiday baked goods in all of portland? pdx n00b here.
8. those are some sweet polaroids, casting director bonnie timmermann. great name too, girl.
9. my excitement to see if pizza jerk lives up to its hype has become unmanageable. halp.
10. ooo the portland mercury sex survey results are in! it’s a lot of copy for an internet thing, but full of lolz like “20% of you like to be submissive, which is why there are so many cars in portland, sitting at four-way stops, just waving other cars through.”
holy fast ass week batman. i don’t know about you, but things feel crazier than usual right now, like major important sh*t is only a few wrong turns from going completely off the rails. when it gets like this i like to turn up the tunez to 11 and make a quick list of some nice, cool things to share with some nice, cool girls. cheers to the latter + the freakin’ weekend (ugh ♥ those booty shorts):
1. y’all saw our very own grace rivera is one of pdx monthly’s fav instagrammers, riiiiiight?
2. idk about you, but this thanksgiving i’m gettin’ on team dangly leaf + mini rosemary wreath.
3. i randomly received a bits and pieces catalog and the goods are giving me major lolz.
4. y’all think we can get a set of these balloons for the office? yea? yea? maybe? thx.
5. here’s a 4th grader reminding us that no matter what anyone says, girl code is unbreakable.
6. nomad expanded their hrs + added staff. thank gawd. $$$ 15 course mealz 4 everybody!
7. this fashion takeover at the ace on sat 11.14 looks super rad. i’m goin. can’t stop me.
8. for abs no reason, i’m really loving this pic of leo drinking a pyrex of milk. bless the internet.
9. i wanna try big egg so bad. anyone been? worth it? pls say yes pls say yes pls say yes.
10. witchoria is one of my favorite tumblr time wasters (a cosmic coffee would be vvv nice rn).
well this has been a fun little week, hasn’t it? if my senses/sources are correct, there’s been loads of autumnal realness and chill goodness reverberating ’round these parts (note: if you haven’t felt this way, plz stop by my desk for to-go vibes). alrighty then, let’s kick this week’s list into high gear:
1. well whaddya know? hump 2015 is finally here. gotta get up to get down!
2. this trove of 70s street style is bringing both the noise and the funk (see above).
3. oooo cyril hahn is playing at holocene on sat nov 7! who dat? def start with open.
4. the mothership is hit, i repeat, the mothership is hit. omg chill omg chill omg chill.
5. if i wasn’t getting outta dodge this wknd, i’d hit folk’s furniture pop-up. prob $$$$ tho.
6. here’s a round up of pdx’s best hot cocoa. need confirmation if this is legit, like, asap.
7. i’m currently lovingggg everything at schoolhouse electric esp this crescent moon bird.
8. i wouldn’t be mad if someone got me this gold saint laurent bomber for abs no reason.
9. am i the only one confounded by pdx’s delivery scene? finally tho, a helpful review.
10. ezra furman is playing at mississippi studios on wed 12.2 and i’m the MOST pumped because his latest album perpetual motion people is f-ing incredible and he’s a beloved camp friend of mine. see you there?
last week was a doooooozy. this week? ehhh … idk … jury’s still out. ups and downs, ebbs and flows, will do’s but srsly step off ma inbox’s not withstanding, how about a little fresh internet air to get us from now to eod tomorrow, yea?
1. first and foremost, the struggle [for this baby panda to roll over] is real.
2. oh good there’s an unofficial guide to pdx’s best u-pick apple orchards.
3. vintage 90s drew barrymore is giving me all kinds of good vibes today.
4. grüner will close for good on new years and be handed off to the ox peeps.
5. society 6 just started selling blankets and now i’m overwhelmed by cozy/choices.
6. “the intensity of blooms this year has no precedent” (see chilean desert pic below).
7. this guy was called “peter butt jig” in middle school, but now he’s the mayor of my hometown and a recipient of a kennedy award. oh wassup bullies? how u?
8. my newest off menu counter order is scrambled egg whites, spinach, and chicken over a bed of quinoa and topped with avocado + aardvark hot sauce (plated in a bowl obvs).
9. if you’re into travel + deals, def start following the flight deal pdx. no brainer.
10. and now … some universal pooping truths (thanks, shannon hutchinson!)
OKAY kiddos. let’s get right into it:
1. sweater weather is neigh.
2. if you’re interested in good times, check out this post.
3. i highly recco everybody chill for a sec and throw some d’s.
4. whole foods is selling small oatmeal for 25 cents through 10.27.
5. bit house saloon is throwing a “bar of the year” + ice luge party tonight.
6. michael ian black is doing 4 shows at helium this weeeeekend.
7. seven is a much better amount of things in a list than six.
thursdays are great and lists are great so … i was thinking … why not smoooosh them together and make this day supa dupa great? yea! chokay so, here’s vol 1 of a [hopefully] weekly round up of greatness:
1. mercury is retrograde through friday (umm … duh).
2. omg there’s a junk bonanza in ridgefield this weekend.
3. quality bar is rocking a real nice vibe and it is vvv close to wk.
4. ruth reichl is speaking at revolution hall on sat 10.10. her tweets are divine.
5. autre ne veut is performing at star theater on mon 10.12. oo counting ftw.
6. dark igloo is showing at fisk gallery on fri 10.9. pretty sure they are cool.
7. my off-menu counter order is an egg white, spinach, and avocado wrap ($6)
8. typatone makes out of context work emails beeeeeeautiful (ohwassup leola!)
9. next year i’d like to go to the rockhouse negril. how do you unlimited vacay?
10. the new el capitain system font is giving me so much life rn.