in case mild acquaintances haven’t reminded you every goddamn day this week, memorial day is upon us which – apparently – means it’s our civic duty to have an engaging response to a lot of unsolicited “what about you? doing anything special?” inquiries. idk. imma live my best life and try to remember to not come into work on mon. anywho … how about a list of unsolicited niceees? no response needed. unless the spirit moves ya.
1. you know what they say … smoke ’em if you got ’em. idk maybe only scott k. says that.
2. after i get a dining table (eta fucknever), imma host a party. tldr anything but the wine bags.
3. listening to animal collective’s don’t think twice, it’s all right cover on repeat cause i can ok.
4. superwrong about the last flea i plugged, but sun 5.29 will actually be worth a visit. i swear.
5. the 6th big float is on sun 7.10. lovebomb go-go? 100ft slip n slide? stock up now, folks.
6. “she fedexed it – it’s … the real deal.” – bay garnett on sevigny’s contribution to fanpages.
7. ooOOoo akron street expanded its roster of hip clean minimal apartment shit. elo. tap. done.
8. odds lawaara will need taste testers 4 stephen shore’s key lime pie supreme? good, right?
9. will wale regret the “snapchat shortie” lyric in my pyt or nah? a timeless classic regardless?
10. speaking of, the history of snapchat is fascinating. s/o to female intuition and looksery.
11. ode to the spicy italian grinder as inspired by the o-bros’ osteria cart on sw 10th & alder.
12. ginuwine & yeasayer play wonder ballroom on fri 5.27 & sun 5.29, respectively. gbless.
13. no? no yeasayer? what about connor’s monthly sichuan collab? can we at least try that?
14. “if there’s one thing i’ve learned, it’s this: we all want everything to be okay. we don’t even wish so much for fantastic or marvelous or outstanding. we will happily settle for okay, because most of the time, okay is enough.” – david levithan
hoi polloiz & party noize.